Form CTA-PR Solution
In October 2011, the CFTC adopted new Rule 4.27(d) to establish new reporting requirements for private funds that are registered with the CFTC and the SEC on new Form PF, as mandated by the Dodd-Frank Act. The final rules complete the provisions of new CFTC Rule 4.27 and require CPOs and CTAs registered with the CFTC to file information with the CFTC on new Forms CPO-PQR and CTA-PR, respectively. For entities registered with both the CFTC and the SEC, the new forms will serve as a supplement to Form PF.
● Inherent in form CTA – PR is a massive data collection, scrubbing and analytical effort.
● Section A requires you to collect data and report each pool, its investment positions and its key relationship.
● Section B requires that you to provide details about Pools counterparty, clearing mechanism, its borrowings and creditors.
● Section C requires that you collect and report information about portfolios and risk metrics on aggregated basis for each pool.
● This section often addresses the needs of large filers
● Our form CTA-PR solution helps you complete Section A, B & C by providing a web based interface. The CTA-PR form, store the required details and then create an electronic file to be sent to NFA.
● This tool also includes a robust data warehouse that lets you store, scrub and report on various types of data.
● The audit and evidence archiving features helps to store required documentary evidence to Services your filings.
● Various types of reports are also included with this solution.
● Form CTA-PR reporting – including a draft for review and final formats for review and submission via XML
● Audit trail for underlying data relating to a Form CTA-PR report
● Documentation of methodologies and assumptions which are included in the filing
● Ability for clients to provide overrides for question responses and document additional methodologies
● Reporting process that minimizes your operational burden, while the investment manager maintains fund data ownership and filing responsibility